Thursday 1 December 2011

On the first day of December

Well the first day of December was finally upon us today, and the girls couldn't have been happier. After ripping into their chocolate advent calendars, Sienna had the honor of opening our first advent fish. She netted $2 and a Santa chocolate, and was able to reveal our first activity for the month, an old favourite, chocolate spoons! We made these last Christmas, and the girls loved stirring them into their hot chocolates. 





We even got Miss Madi to take part.


There was some chocolate leftover, so while the spoons set, I dipped some strawberries for the hard at work husband to enjoy when he got home.





These ones are Kyla's


These ones are Sienna's (digging the cute lil' face, yes?)


These ones are Madi's.


These ones are Denver's.


And once set, they had to do a test run of course....



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much fun! Those spoons are very cute and colourful. I love that you still do these things with your girls, even though you're no longer partaking in the sweet treats. I find I don't bake much anymore, because I don't want the temptation. You're such a fun mum!!

Susan said...

Have to agree with the above comment you are an awesome mum who gives no matter how hard it is for herself. I tried to make these last year and they failed any tricks for this year?? They all look fantastic and so colorful and the girls faces look fantastic too!!

Hay said...

Thanks Hannah. I have to say, it's easier being vegan. It's not a temptation because I know I CAN'T have any.

Susan, how did they fail? I remember ours fell off sometimes, this year I tried to twist the choc right around, then we left them to set, using a block under the ends to keep them level. I've put them flat on a dish in the fridge. They still come off the spoon as soon as it hits the hot choc, but they love that, lol. And thank you, as usual you are too kind.

Jen said...

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmy :)

Susan said...

I dont think I put enough chocolate on them and it just fell off.was a fail in my eyes but the kids still go chocolate so they were happy as.Will give it another go this year.
Thanks

The Word Party

Loving words clutch crimson roses,
Rude words sniff and pick their noses,
Sly words come dressed as foxes,
Short words stand on cardboard boxes,
Common words tell jokes and gabble,
Complicated words play Scrabble,
Swear words stamp around and shout,
Hard words stare eachother out,
Foreign words look lost and shrug,
Careless words trip on the rug,
Long words slouch with stooping shoulders,
Code words carry secret folders,
Silly words flick rubber bands,
Hyphenated words hold hands,
Strong words show off, bending metal,
Sweet words call each other 'petal',
Small words yawn and suck their thumbs,
Till at last the morning comes,
Kind words give out farewell posies....
Snap! The dictionary closes.

-RICHARD EDWARDS.